Wednesday, June 1

Happy Nails to You

I feel like I am the only one that lives in unhappy painted nail land. (this place does exist!) The exact minute that I paint my finger nails with a shade of polish they chip or wrinkle. Seriously! I absolutely hate it because this means I MUST walk around with chipped nails for my entire life. Does anyone feel my pain?

I have been waiting since about the beginning of the spring semester to get my nails "shellacked." No joke. The nursing department will not let us have colored polish on our nails during clinicals, which means all semester long, so I had to wait until my last clinical was over during the last week of school. Well, hey, I go to school in Lynchburg which means there is no shellac there. Thanks to my parents for living in the wondrous world of DFW.

Needless to say, I went to Fancy Nail Spa off of Davis Boulevard yesterday and I was SHELLACKED in the color Tutti Frutti.


For those of you who may have not heard of the new nail hype Shellac, by Creative Nail Design, is this outstanding polish invention. It allows color to stay on your nails for 14 days with NO chipping, NO smudging, and NO cracking. It doesn't hurt your nails at all. The manicurist will apply a base coat, two color coats, and top coat. Between each layer nails are "baked" according to my manicurist yesterday under a UV light which instantly dries the polish. Regular polish can't be baked like Shellac hence the overwhelming dry time. They are supposed to stay glossy and in pristine condition. It comes over easily with an acetone soak. I am seriously stoked about this!


The polish is not available for the general public but only for nail salons to buy which may be the only set back of the whole deal but I guess that means that I get to the opportunity to stop by the nail salon more often. ;) I'll post an update here in about two weeks to let y'all know how the Shellac held up and how my nails look!

I highly suggest getting shellacked if you struggle with chippy nails like me. My nails and I are extremely happy in pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment